|Black House Spiders...venomous - nausea|
Venom toxicity - the bite of the Black House Spider is poisonous but not lethal. Certain people bitten experience severe pain around the bite site, heavy sweating, muscular pains, vomiting, headaches and giddiness. First aid and medical attention (ambulance) should be sought as soon as possible.
Area of distribution - Australia-wide.
Spider Identification - adults are about 15 mm in body length and of a dark brown to black velvet textured appearance.
Habitat - this spider spins a lacy, messy web and is prefers dry habitats in secluded locations. It is commonly found in window framing, under eaves, gutters, in brickwork, sheds, toilets and among rocks and bark. Electric lights attract their prey - moths, flies, mosquitoes and other insects.
CLICK HERE - FIRST AID - Black House Spider Bite